Choose the Right Cosmetic Surgeon in the LA Area
When considering a cosmetic enhancement, choosing the right plastic surgeon / specialist is the first and most important decision you must make. The right surgeon will mean the best chance for beautiful and safe results. Choosing the wrong specialist can end in disaster. You should never undergo any type of medical procedure with a doctor you are uncomfortable with. Here are some things to look for when choosing a plastic surgeon / specialist:
- Available and accessible, takes the time to answer all of your questions, and explains everything in terms you can understand.
- Offers alternatives, a variety of possible solutions, and the results you can expect from each.
- Open and honest about what you can expect and offers before and after photos for your review.
- Discusses the risks along with the benefits of the procedures you are considering.
- The office is a comfortable, clean, and relaxed environment.
Some Things to Avoid:
- Doctors who want to rush you into surgery before considering your other options. Cosmetic procedures are elective, meaning they are something you do because you want to, not because you are suffering from a life-threatening condition. Although in some cases the results may be less dramatic, there are almost always less invasive options than surgery that should at least be considered and discussed.
- High pressure sales are a bad sign. If a plastic surgeon / specialist offers you a discount that is “only good today,” be cautious. Your doctor should encourage you to take your time and give serious consideration to any procedure. You should never feel like you are on a used car lot.
- Your doctor and his or her staff should be open, warm and friendly. You should never feel like you have to fight the staff to get to talk to your doctor. Only work with a doctor/specialist who communicates with you directly.
- Doctors who recommend the most expensive procedures above alternatives without an understandable explanation. Be leery of surgeons / specialists who seem to be pushing for the most expensive and most extensive procedures, even when you are requesting a less invasive option.
Dr. Rivkin’s patients know that they can get in touch with him at any time. He’s always in the office at Westside Aesthetics, and is personally involved in every treatment.